Youth Sponsorship Program
Council through its Youth Sponsorship Program aims to encourage and support young people who display commitment and achievement in their chosen field of endeavour. The purpose of the grant is to assist young people aged between 12-24 years old and permanent residents of Kangaroo Island to participate in competitions, research, study or events that develop their personal or professional skills and experience in their chosen field.
There are five eligibility categories:
- Arts, Culture, Music & Dance - Funding Round $1,000
- Sport and Recreation - Funding Round $500
- Community Leadership - Funding Round $1,000
- Education and Academic Performance - Funding Round $1,000
- Youth Community Project - Funding Round $1,500
Applications will be accepted throughout the year and will be considered at the Kangaroo Island Council via the Awards and Grant Panel.