If you have been affected by the fires, most of the information you will require can be found on the Department of Human Services (DHS) website. Additional information is contained in the below links.
Waste Clean Up
If your property has been affected by fire, register your waste needs on the 2019/2020 SA Bushfire Waste Management Registration form at greenindustries.sa.gov.au/register-your-waste-needs - particularly if you have damaged buildings, structures, or yard waste. Spraying of asbestos and CCA ash commenced today and will continue throughout January.
If you wish to make a financial donation through Kangaroo Island Council's KI Mayoral Relief and Recovery Bushfire Fund the Bank SA details are:
BSB: 105 094 Account Number: 035 680 540
Account Name: Mayoral Bushfire fund
International deposit enter Swift Code: SGBLAU2S
Council is seeking tax deductibility status for the KI Mayoral Relief and Recovery Bushfire Fund and will be able to confirm DGR status via website and Facebook in the next few days.
- Food and accommodation donations being managed through Emergency Relief at the Kingscote Relief Centre for distribution to the community - Junction Australia ph: 8553 2809
- Everyday item donations through Island Care, Giles St, Kingscote
ph: Catherine Kewley 0459 100 610
- Further information from Department of Human Services (DHS) website
The Federal Government will provide grants of up to $10,000 to impacted small businesses, and $15,000 to primary producers and farmers. This will give businesses and families the immediate assistance they need to begin rebuilding.
For more information on eligibility, and to apply for any grants/funding please visit the Relief Centre at the Kingscote Football Oval. In addition to the financial relief options listed on the DHS website, you may also be eligible for the following:
- Telstra Assistance Packages - call 13 22 03
- NAB Disaster Relief Fund - immediate access to $2,000 for NAB customers who have either lost homes in this bushfire season or NAB business customers whose businesses have been affected - contact 1300 683 106
- Volunteer Grants Program - for organisations who utilise volunteer support. Expressions of Interest must be lodged by 5pm, Monday 20 January.
- CommBank Bushfire Recover Grants - to help support local communities and replace facilities lost in the fires. Closes 31 March 2020.
- PIRSA Recovery Grants for Bushfire Affected Communities in South Australia - for affected primary producers to help clean-up and repair damaged equipment and fencing. Closes 31 May 2021
- South Australian Small Business Bushfire Recovery Grant - Financial assistance of up to $10,000 is available to impacted businesses in Cudlee Creek and Kangaroo Island. Closes 20 June 2020.
- PIRSA Grants and Assistance
- On-Farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
For a comprehensive list of grants available to residents of Kangaroo Island, visit Regional Development Australia - Hills and Coast Grant Finder (Grant Guru).
- If you have been affected by the fires and need information and support, phone 1800 302 787 (8.00 am to 8.00 pm)
- DHS website
- Bushfire and On-site Wastewater systems
- EPA resource page (CCA treated timber, Contaminated water in rainwater tanks, Chemicals and paint, Bushfire affected animal carcasses)
- Food Safety
- Public Health - Bushfires
- Road Closures
- Please advise Council on 8553 4500 if you have relocated you dogs and cats
- If you need assistance with fencing and wish to contact Blazeaid, call John Anderson – 0418 530 471 or email email@example.com
- Waste Management after a Bushfire
- FRWA Notice - kerbside collection and bin replacement for fire affected properties