Kangaroo Island Council recognises the value of the many volunteers in our Community and the impact that they bring. We also recognise the role that Council needs to play in helping to build our Communities’ capacity for volunteering.
We support volunteering to:
- develop and strengthen the links between Council and our Community
- provide personal development opportunities for individuals in our Community
- tap into the skills, talents, energies, ideas and knowledge of people in our communities
- extend and expand services to our communities
- enable local people to play an active role in their Council.
A volunteer is a person who:
- benefits the Community and themselves by participating in volunteer programs
- provides their services of their own free will
- does not receive any monetary reward (reimbursements of out of pocket expenses are not regarded as monetary reward)
- undertakes activities which complement, but do not replace the services provided by paid staff.
Benefits of volunteering:
- meet new people and expand your networks
- be involved in activities and programs that make a real difference to local communities
- gain new skills and experience in an area of interest that can create a pathway to employment.