It is a requirement of the Development Act 1993 Section 59(1) and Development Regulations 2008 Section 74(1) and (3) that notification at certain stages during building works are to be provided to Council.
You are required to notify Kangaroo Island Council prior to:
- The commencement of building works (ie. the placement of concrete into any footing excavation; or the placement of stumps and bearers or the placement of a transportable building on its supports).
- The intended completion of the wall and roof frame excluding internal linings.
- After installation of wet area flashings and linings prior to tiling.
- The completion of building works prior to occupation.
- The placing of water into a swimming pool.
Please note a minimum of one business days notice is required: