The Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport terminal is open 7 days a week from 6.30am and closed after the last scheduled flight for the day.
Terminal area includes:
- Short Term vehicle parking
- Overnight vehicle parking (fees apply)
- Public toilets
- Water fountain
- Visitor brochures and information screens
- Cafe (only available when flights arrive & depart)
The airport offers free short term vehicle parking as well as overnight vehicle parking (fees apply - refer Fees and Charges Schedule). The car park is divided into timed zones with the shorter times being located nearer to the terminal entrance.
There are currently 2 Regular Public Transport companies operating out of the Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport:-
- Regional Express Airlines (REX) - offering several flights daily between Adelaide and Kangaroo Island. Any queries regarding schedules and availability of seats should be directed to REX - phone 13 17 13 or visit www.rex.com.au
- QantasLink - offering flights between Adelaide and Kangaroo Island up to 5 days a week (dependant on season) and also between Melbourne and Kangaroo Island 3 days a week from mid-December to end of January. Any queries regarding schedules and availability of seats should be directed to QantasLink - phone 13 13 13 or visit www.qantas.com.au
Passengers are serviced by 2 Hire Car companies:
- Hertz phone 08 8553 9144
- Budget Rent-A-Car phone 08 8553 3133
- Kangaroo Island Transfers provides a passenger transport service on Kangaroo Island including the Airport. They meet all scheduled RPT Flights. For further information please phone Peter Wyatt 0427 887 575 or email email@example.com
Disability access: The Airport's Disability Action plan includes information on accessibility and special assistance.
There is currently NO FUEL available at this Airport.
The nearest alternative fuel is at Aldinga - (AVGAS) or Goolwa - (AVGAS and JETA1). It is recommended that heavy aircraft utilise Adelaide.
Particulars of the Aerodrome that are required for notification in AIP please note this Aerodrome is a security controlled airport.
|World Aeronautical Chart No.||3459|
|Time||UTC + 9 1/2 hours|
|Magnetic Variation||8 Deg E|
|Aerodrome Operator||Kangaroo Island Council|
|Contact details for Council||08 8553 4500 or fax 08 8553 2885|
|Airport Services Coordinator||08 8553 4532 or (24h) 0407 715 363|
|Status||Public / Security Controlled / ASIC required|
All dimensions in metres
|Reference Code Number||3||2||2|
|Magnetic Bearing in degrees||014||059||149|
|Runway Slope||level||0.1 % down to NE||level|
|Length of clearway||RWY 01 60m||60 each end||RWY 15 75m|
|RWY 19 60m||RWY 33 60m|
|Length of stopway||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Runway strip length||1935||1254||1518|
|Runway strip width graded||150/90||90/90||90/90|
|Pavement Strength||PCN 38/F/C/1100/T||PCN 4/F/C/730/U|
Visual Aid System
Note: Selection of PAL HJ - only activates PAPI and illuminated WDI. RWY, ABN and apron flood lighting will operate only when poor light levels exist. Aerodrome beacon flashing white 6 seconds.
|Type of runway lighting||LIRL PAL 122.3||LIRL PAL 122.3||PTBL EMERG only||PTBL EMERG only|
|PTBL EMERG only||PTBL EMERG only|
|Type of approach lighting||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Visual approach slope indicator system||PAPI||PAPI||Nil||Nil|
|LH side 3 deg||LH side 3 deg|
|47 FT||47 FT|
|Local Traffic Regulations|
|Meteorological information||AWIS phone 08 8553 9172 or 127.45|
|Notices||Concentration of birds and wallabies in vicinity of AD|
|Taxiway||A - sealed from the apron to runway 01/19|
B - sealed from the apron to runway 15/33
C - gravel service taxiway to the western general aviation grassed apron